Spring is in the air Atlanta, and now is the perfect time to give your digital marketing campaign a good spring cleaning. With a few simple strategies, your digital marketing campaign can have renewed energy and effectiveness and the results will land right in your pocket! Here are 5 areas of a digital marketing campaign that could use a good spring cleaning.
1. Content marketing – Businesses need to assess their current content marketing strategies and make adjustments often. Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithm updates come frequently, and the best way to avoid penalty is to keep content fresh and relevant. Make sure business blogs are updated frequently and make use of infographics, video content, charts and graphs reflecting current data to add interest.
2. Keywords – Keywords should be researched frequently and spring is the perfect time to do this. Keywords are always changing in popularity, so businesses should refresh their keyword list often.
3. Link building – Make a goal to get your business listed on several directories. Yellowbot, Hotfrog, Manta, Kudzu, Yelp, Local.com and Angieslist are all popular online directories that will help companies get citations and links.
4. Social Media – Is your business currently engaging in social media? If so, how many profiles and pages are actively maintained and up to date? Does your local business have a Local Google+ page? Is your Twitter profile page complete including custom header and profile photo? Is there a corporate representative dedicated to engaging customers and responding to questions on Facebook? These are the questions business owners need to ask about their current social media marketing.
Here are 5 social media spring-cleaning tips:
- Add social media buttons to your website, blogs and email signature.
- Local businesses shouldhave a Local Google+ page and others, a business page. Optimize business pages by completing all sections utilizing keywords including tagline, profile photo, and about section. Business bloggers should obtain authorship for their content to help SEO.
- LinkedIn company pages should be filled out completely, including services tab and banner image. Businesses need to take the time to post regular updates and find other strategies to acquire new followers and get more recommendations on LinkedIn.
- Facebook business pages give unique advertising opportunities such as Facebook Offers, Promoted Posts and contests. Facebook business pages need to be optimized to take full advantage of the new Graph Search that is currently rolling out in beta.
- Engage your audience and get more Twitter followers by making use of hashtags. Search industry related terms on Twitter to find relevant hashtags or create your own for an event or contest.
5. SEM – When is the last time your business considered PPC (pay-per-click) or display ads? New technologies such as real-time bidding, retargeting and geotargetinghave made these SEM strategies more affordable for small businesses. SEM can now provide more ROI than ever before. PPC and Display ads can provide instant gratification as opposed to organic SEO results, which take time.
Businesses interested in increased ROI and conversions should take a look at their current digital marketing strategies and do a little in-house spring cleaning. Businesses seeking expert advice on digital marketing in Atlanta should Contact Us.